May 16, 2013|
The Value of Branded Apps
With the rate at which the Apps market grows, the need for Branded Apps in the market to showcase the Brand attributes and to connect with the customers is evident.
There are several Brands in the market which means there is a lot of competition out there. So, for Brand owners how often and how deep they connect with their consumers is the key for better engagement and identity. Branded Apps are one of the many ways to leverage technology to engage with the consumers.
Branded Apps also help the Brands to show the Brand attitude to the customers. A quick look at the Apps market (globally and UKwise) would convince one to create a Branded App:
For Brands, the following factors needs to be considered before creating and deploying an App
Here is a list of recommendations for brands to consider while designing a Branded App:
1. Know your Branded App objective:
Brand owners must know what the objective of the Branded App is. Knowing the objective and having a clear plan would have a significant impact on the Brand metrics.
2. Add Value: A Branded App should add value both to the consumers and for the Business. If the consumers love your App, use it and if it is not adding value in terms of connecting with the consumers or making a sale then the App is of no value.
3. Make it stick: As Brand owners when you make a Branded App ensure that the consumers remember yours. This would help significantly when the Brands release the next Brand App. By making the App stick in consumers mind Brands can create an expectation for a better App the next time which by itself is a success for the Brand.
4. Remember to promote: So, you have created a great Branded App and its valuable too. Now what? Say it out to people. Let consumers know about your App. Brand owners must allocate a budget for Marketing the App. Without marketing the Branded Apps cannot be successful.
5. Enable multi-device presence: In today's mobile world, consumers use a range of devices - from Android to iOS to Blackberry there are a several devices which the consumers use. So, making the App adaptive to work for multiple devices would significantly help in increasing the number of downloads of the App and also reduces the effort in marketing the App.
Branded Apps are a great way to connect with the consumers and engage them provided the Brand owners have clarity of objective and a clear plan of execution.
|Copyright 2012-2013 Digital Horizons Limited. All rights reserved. Contact 020 7000 1889.|